Katonah Museum of Art
Established in 1954, the Katonah Museum of Art is a non-collecting institution accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. Dedicated to the promotion and understanding of visual art and cultural heritage through exhibitions and education programs, the KMA is committed to presenting exceptional art from across cultures and time periods, pre-modern to contemporary. The KMA mounts three to four exhibitions annually, covering a broad range of art and humanities while responding to the most critical issues of our time through a bold and vigorous lens. The institution offers lectures, films, workshops, concerts, and other events for a general audience; and presents innovative and substantive programs for over 100 member schools. The KMA Learning Center is the only interactive space in Westchester County where children can come on a daily basis to explore and create art. Designed by eminent Modernist architect Edward Larrabee Barnes, the intimate museum building is nestled in the surrounding landscape, inviting light and natural beauty to its atrium and galleries. It perfectly ascribes to Barnes’ ideals of simplicity and functionality. The Katonah Museum of Art serves as a welcoming and anchoring cultural institution within its local community, for all ages and backgrounds, as well as for frequent visitors from New York City, Westchester County, and the Tri-State Area.
The Administrative Assistant supports the Executive Director (ED) of the Katonah Museum of Art. The Assistant will have direct oversight of the ED’s calendar, travel, and administrative needs and will act as liaison with staff, Trustees, Emeriti, Director’s Circle members, and external contacts. They will perform a wide variety of administrative tasks involving initiative, discretion, and independent judgment. Administrative support will also be provided to the Deputy Director (DD) as needed.
Executive Director (ED)
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
– Perform comprehensive administrative tasks for the ED, including scheduling appointments and arranging meetings and travel for the ED, as well as working closely on email correspondence prioritization.
– Collect and assemble materials for ED’s meetings and events.
– Maintain and update departmental calendars, including exhibitions, programming, benefit events, and staff travel. Communicate this information with KMA staff as needed.
– Maintain membership lists of Trustees, Emeriti, and Director’s Circle groups and coordinate meetings and correspondence.
– Update database and mailing lists.
– Support administrative needs for DD as needed.
– Support office functions and administrative work under the guidance of the ED and DD as well as office logistics and materials support.
– Other duties as assigned.
– College degree preferred with 4-5 years of related work experience.
– Excellent computer administrative skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and database management.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously, sometimes under pressure.
– Detail oriented, organized and able to work independently and as part of a team.
– Discretion regarding sensitive and confidential information.
– Interest in Art a plus.
Salary or Compensation:
Organization or Project Website:
Interested candidates should submit:
• Cover letter
Please submit above to email@example.com. Please include “Administrative Assistant” and your last name in the subject line and indicate where you saw the job posted