The Lewis Latimer House Museum
The Lewis Latimer House Museum (LLHM) seeks a talented STEAM educator for a virtual after-school program for 6th graders with a strong emphasis on coding. The ideal candidate is passionate about leading an accessible, interactive, and enriching weekly afterschool program. As remote and hybrid learning needs continue to develop over the 2020-2021 school year, we are looking for an educator who has experience with virtual learning and can collaborate with the partner schoolteacher and museum staff to develop a robust and engaging curriculum incorporating game design and coding.
– Must have experience teaching STEAM/STEM. Curriculum design skills highly desired.
– Must have experience teaching coding to 6th grades or similar ages.
– Knowledge of Scratch and/or other computer programming languages/tools/apps for children.
– Knowledge in micro-controllers such as Arduino, and/or other robotics systems such as EV3, WeDo.
– Design thinking skills highly desired.
– Studio art skills are a plus.
– Passionate about accessible STEAM education for communities of color.
Salary: $50-60/hour commensurate with experience, with one lesson-planning hour accompanying each virtual in-class teaching hour. There will be approximately 30-40 in-class teaching hours, between 90 minutes to 2 hours per week (approximately 80 hours total including lesson planning and in-class hours).
Please email a cover letter outlining how your background and experience fit this position, a resume, and 2-3 professional references with contact information to email@example.com before January 3rd, 2021. No phone calls, please.