Cocoon, is a new 18,000 square foot space for families to learn and play in the heart of Tribeca. Alongside the music studio, parkour area and play space Cocoon offers courses designed to guide all members through family life as their children grow. It is a place for families to connect and receive support, all in a cozy space created to feel like a second home. The space and the courses are inspired by the Montessori and Reggio Emilia philosophies to promote independence, creativity and open-ended experiences for children using natural and authentic materials. All membership fees at Cocoon help subsidize our in-house prenatal and postpartum courses offered to participants of all income levels to provide support and community to new parents.
Cocoon is seeking an experienced educator for our art program for children ages 3 months-8 years old. The role would include teaching short grown-up-and-me art classes for children ages 3 months- 3 years and drop-off class for children ages 3-8 years. Candidates should have a background in art and education. Candidates should also have a strong understanding of age-appropriate developmental needs and skills. The curriculum is founded on sensory exploration, play and open-ended creation. Educators will warmly engage children and caregivers who participate in class while building a community among the group throughout the course.
Manager of Education and Programming
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
– Teaching art classes for children 3 months- 8 years and adjusting lessons for each age group as needed
– Working with the Education Manager to provide and receive feedback regarding courses
– Modify existing art curriculum as needed to fit needs of the participants
– Provide a warm and inspiring environment for all participants, caregivers, and children alike
– Modeling open-mindedness, creativity, empathy and excitement
– Must be fully vaccinated
Relevant experience and skills:
– Experience working with children ages 3 months-8 years in an educational setting
– 3+ years teaching visual art to children
– Current background in visual art
– Positive attitude and ability to build community among participants
Seasonal with possibility for future engagement Spring (Mar 7-May 23)
Salary or Compensation:
Pay is $41 per half hour class. You may be teaching up to 13 classes per week. Our classes run on an 11-week span. You would be compensated bi-weekly. We would also like for you to attend professional developments which would pay an additional $135 for a 3-hour session each season.
Organization or Project Website:
Please share your cover letter and resume with the job title in the subject line: