Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
The Assistant Director, School, Youth, and Family Programs will work closely with the Director, School, Youth, and Family Programs on the coordination, development, evaluation, and implementation of all programs and resources for K-12 students and teachers, teens, and family audiences in the Museum’s galleries, school partnerships, and digital platforms.
Director, School, Youth, and Family Programs
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Manage several full time staff members and on call educators to support the vision of the department of Education and Public Engagement.
– Support the development and implementation of vision and strategy for school, youth, and family.
– Collaborate and offer guidance on programs.
– Develop a comprehensive evaluation strategy with the Director, School, Youth, and Family Programs.
– Contribute to cross-departmental initiatives.
– Collaborate with the Education Department to enrich learning experiences for all audiences.
– Assist with budget management.
– Support the Director, School, Youth, and Family programs in efforts with advancement for all school, youth and family funding opportunities; participate in outreach efforts to engage new prospects for funding.
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of education, and arts; at least three years in a supervisory role.
– Demonstrated managerial experience
– Knowledge of Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion issues within the field.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with collaborators at schools and community based organizations as well as individual program participants.
– Excellent teaching skills at with an emphasis on object-based and interactive approaches.
– Knowledge of museum education pedagogy and best practices.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with strong attention to detail.
– Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
– Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment a must.
– Ability to be proactive, use independent judgment and initiative.
– The ability to be diplomatic and professional in all settings.
– Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Salary or Compensation:
$70,000 – $75,000
Organization or Project Website: