Dazzling Discoveries/Skill Mill NYC
Dazzling Discoveries and its sister program, Skill Mill NYC is science & engineering education program in New York City with the goal of fostering creativity and hands on learning through a wide range of programs, products and activities. Our focus is on teaching science, engineering, technology and math (STEM) through hands-on, interactive projects. We have our own facilities where we run science, engineering, crafts, electronics, and 3D printing classes and camps. We have an industrial laser cutter, 3D printers, sewing machines and lots of craft supplies. During the school year we run after-school classes, in-school programs, and events at our location and at schools throughout Manhattan. We also run programs for teachers and children across the country. See our websites and Instagram accounts for Dazzling Discoveries and Skill Mill NYC for photos of our work.
Looking for a big role in a creative organization? Great at keeping track of details and comfortable juggling different projects? And likes working with kids? Consider applying for our job of Assistant Director.
We have an opening for an enthusiastic person who is very attentive to details , likes to work on multiple projects, wants a big role in a small successful organization, enjoys crafts and working with groups of children and wants to work in a fun, busy, environment. This is the opposite of a desk job.
This job involves working on a variety of projects including helping with camp and after school registrations, communicating with client schools and families, helping us run an annual conference, assisting with marketing and social media, light bookkeeping and other aspects of running an organization.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
– Detail oriented – attention to details critical for this job
– Comfortable with data and basic spreadsheet programs
– Experience with a range of social media
– Some familiarity with science, engineering and/or electronics
– Write clearly and concisely
– Interest in working in a non-traditional education environment
– a plus if you have visual communication skills including basic graphic design
– Creative, handy, enjoy crafts
– Experience with or interest in working with children
– Able to assist with record keeping and administrative tasks
– General assistance with all aspects of the program. Must be willing to help with any and all operational tasks
Full Time weekdays, occasionally a weekend day
Salary or Compensation:
$50,000 plus bonus
Organization or Project Website:
Please submit a resume AND a cover letter, resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
In your cover letter, please include why you are interested in this position