Arts & Minds
Arts & Minds is a not-for-profit organization committed to improving quality of life for people living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias through engagement with art. We partner with museums to provide meaningful art-centered activities that create positive emotional and cognitive experiences, enhance verbal and non-verbal communication, reduce isolation and build community. Our programs empower people with dementia, family members, professional caregivers and educators to strengthen social, emotional and spiritual bonds by engaging with art.
Arts & Minds seeks a dynamic individual, fluent in Spanish and English to join our growing not-for-profit.
The program coordinator will play a pivotal role at Arts & Minds – responsible for scheduling and calendaring events, coordinating registration, communicating with participants and the Arts & Minds team of teaching artists and educators, supporting the executive director and the organization as a whole.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
– Provide administrative support for all Arts & Minds programs
– Carry out program registration
– Perform initial intake calls.
– Create contact in database and communicate to staff & educators
– Register participants for programs. Prepare and send confirmation and reminder emails
– Accurately record program statistics
– Maintain schedules and calendars
– Core programs (online and in person) training programs, talks and conferences, outreach events, and internal meetings
– Coordinate with museum and community partners
– Schedule all personnel, including teaching artists, hosts, and volunteers for both online and in person programs
– Volunteer staffing
– Maintain communication with participants via email and telephone
– Field inquiries about Arts & Minds and its programs
– Monitor phone line
– Post programs to community websites
– Find new ways to promote programs
– Distribute flyers to museums, community organizations, clinical sites, senior centers, artists, etc.
– Provide program support
– Tech support for programs held online weekdays 1-3:30 and other possible times
– Order and distribute supplies
– Occasional on site program logistics
– Other tasks as assigned
– Must be bilingual English/Spanish
– The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented with demonstrated experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support. She/he/they will be able to work well with the senior staff, teaching artist team, guest artists, consultants, partners and participants at Arts & Minds.
– This person must be a good communicator, exceptionally well organized, flexible, and understanding of the administrative challenges of supporting a growing not-for-profit organization.
– Central to this role is the ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, and doing so with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
– Must have computer literacy (Google Works, Microsoft Word, Zoom), and experience with databases/information systems and social media platforms (FaceBook, Instagram, What’s App, Linked-In, Twitter )
Part-time, Remote, Temporary 3-year position
20-25 hours per week. Must be available afternoon 1-3:30 during programs. Remote with occasional in-person programs and meetings
Salary or Compensation:
Organization or Project Website:
Please send resume and letter of interest to: