Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a non-profit, educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the world’s fastest jets and other historic aircraft as well as a cold war era guided missile submarine. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark, has welcomed more than 1 million visitors annually since 2012. The mission of the Intrepid Museum is to promote the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, exhibitions and programming, in order to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth.
Intrepid Museum is looking for CASA (Cultural Afterschool Adventures) Per Diem Program Educators. The CASA Program Educators are sought for delivering in-school partnership programs making use of the Museum’s collection to engage students and support learning in the afterschool hours.
Senior Manager of Out of School Time Programs
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
CASA Educators will work one-two days per week to deliver a two hour after school program. Educators are assigned to 1-2 schools as availability allows. Majority of programming days take place at the partnering schools. 1-2 Saturdays needed to work at the Intrepid Museum. Schools are located in all five boroughs. Programs take place for approximately a two hour block falling between 2:00-5:30 depending on school needs. While the direct instructional time will be approximately 40-50 hours, pay is figured at a rate of $20 per hour to cover training/preparation time for a total of 175 hours. ($3,500 per CASA partnership). Materials and lessons are provided to the hired per diem educators.
– Bachelor’s degree in education, science, history, museum studies or a related field. Master’s studies and/or teacher certification a plus, especially in special education.
– Two years related experience working in an educational setting.
– Understanding of object- and inquiry-based teaching practices.
– Comfortable teaching interdisciplinary history and science programs to varied audiences.
– Experience differentiating lessons to meet specific academic and social-emotional learning goals.
– Knowledge of best practices for English Language Learners and disability specific instructional strategies a plus.
– NYC Department of Education fingerprinting a plus.
– Multi-lingual or bi-lingual a plus.
Per diem- temporary with opportunities for other per-diem work at a rate of $20 per hour
1-2 days a week in after school hours
Salary or Compensation:
$3,500 for each CASA partnership assigned
Organization or Project Website:
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Intrepid does not pay interview travel costs or relocation costs for this position.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.