We are looking for a creative individual who loves “making things”, working with children, and wants a big role in a small successful organization. This role includes work directly with kids, creating projects, write documentation about projects, and oversee program delivery, scheduling, lesson planning and more. This position is an opportunity to participate in a successful, growing science and tech education program.
The program is based in Manhattan (New York City), so employees must live within commuting distance of the city. This position can start now or late August 2020 if you already have summer plans.About UsSkill Mill NYC and its sister program Dazzling Discoveries are science & engineering education programs in New York City with the goal of fostering creativity. Our focus is on teaching science, engineering, technology and math (STEM) through hands-on, creative projects. We have our own facilities where we run science, engineering, crafts, electronics, and 3D printing classes and camps. During the school year we run after-school classes, in-school programs, and events at our location and at schools throughout Manhattan. We have an industrial laser cutter, 3D printers, sewing machines and lots of craft supplies. We run programs for adults and children and the majority of our work is with kids.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be a teacher for our K-5 after school & camp programs
- Write and edit our lesson plans
- Help create additional projects (we already have quite a few, so this is optional)
- Help write regular blog entries
- Help coordinate schedules and projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience working with children a pluscrafts and electronics knowledge helpful
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience working with groups of children
- Some familiarity with science, engineering and/or electronics
- Detail oriented – attention to details critical for this job
- Excellent writing and editing abilitiesInterest in working in a non-traditional education environment
- Comfortable with technology and interest in learning new skills
- Creative, handy, enjoy crafts
- Able to assist with some record keeping and administrative tasks
- General assistance with all aspects of the program.
Must be willing to help with any and all operational tasks to apply.
Salary: $40,000 or equivalent hourly plus bonus
Job Date: 2020-03-09
Application Info: Please submit a resume AND a cover letter, resumes without cover letters will not be considered.In your cover letter, please include:
- Why you are interested in this position
- How you are qualified for the role
- What you can bring to our organizationJ
- ob Types: Full-time or Part-time
Contact Name: Godwyn Morris
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 9172889975
For more information please click here.