Digital Marketing, Seasonal
Hudson River Park
The Trust is a public benefit corporation created by act of the NYS Legislature. It is also a 501(c) (3) charitable organization. The mission of the Trust is to design, construct, maintain and operate a heavily used four-mile-long waterfront park and Sanctuary on Manhattan’s west side. The Park is also financially self-supporting, generating its operating budget from commercial tenancies and permittees located within the Park’s boundaries as well as from grants, sponsorships, donations and other sources.
The Trust offers public programming as part of its mission, with many events taking place throughout the year. These programs take place along the four-mile footprint of the Park, and provide fun, respite and educational opportunities, free of charge. You will be a vital part of the team, sharing information about our events, activations and more, throughout the season.
The Digital Marketing Seasonal will support Hudson River Park Trust’s (the “Trust”) Public Programs Department, growing the digital presence of the city’s longest riverfront Park. From managing social accounts for real-time event content and drafting weekly e-newsletters, to planning and executing integrated digital campaigns and more, this Seasonal will gain extensive experience in digital marketing for the nonprofit sector. You’ll be joining a small and passionate team dedicated to growing awareness for a vital public resource that provides more than 400 free programs each year, conducts field-leading environmental research, and is enjoyed by millions of New Yorkers annually.
Senior Director, Marketing & Events
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
• Covering our Park on social media, with an emphasis on activities and events; this may include posting Instagram Stories while at a concert, snapping action shots of fitness classes and assisting with event activations
• Taking part in social media campaign development with our team; helping decide what Park activities and events should be highlighted on our social channels through copy writing and asset creation/management
• Event marketing outreach including drafting e-blasts to our audience through MailChimp or distributing marketing collateral in the Park
• Additional administrative tasks as necessary
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, is organized, creative, detail-oriented and proactive
• Has professional experience with social media platforms and managing online communities a must. Knowledge of MailChimp and Hootsuite preferred, Adobe Creative Suite a plus. Candidate should be comfortable creating Reels and know how to publish cross-platform
• Computer savvy; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
• Punctuality, excellent attendance and representation while onsite at events in Hudson River Park is a must. Occasional evening hours are part of this position.
Approximate Hours/Week: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week Seasonal Term: Monday, May 1 – Friday, September 30, 2023; some evenings and weekends required
Salary or Compensation:
$19.00 / hour
Organization or Project Website:
Interested applicants should forward their resume and social media profiles, with a short cover letter explaining their interest in the position to email@example.com attn: Claudia McDade, Senior Director of HR, with MKT SEA 2023 in the subject line. Start date is May 1, 2023.