Our goal is to create magical experiences for kids by using youth development principles and the power of fun and play. We implement our original Splat Lab and Anthropology Arts curriculum in schools, after-school programs, and run our own camps.
Our original enrichment programs reach over 40 schools across New York City. We currently serve grades 3K-6th grade and are looking to expand our middle school and high school programming. In 2020, we launched our own summer camp (Splat Camp) in Downtown Brooklyn. In 2021, after rebounding from the pandemic, we doubled our size from our pre-pandemic levels and have our eyes on healthy growth across NYC and beyond.
Our Core Values
Make Magic. We create magical and fun experiences for kids throughout NYC and beyond
Dream Big. for the future of Splat and ourselves
Collaborate. We co-create and build relationships with youth, clients, and each other
Culture. We teach the history of underrepresented communities in a joyful, powerful, and holistic style with a diverse teaching staff
Outliers. We embrace the weird and stand out from the pack with our unique programming and elite OPS execution
Splat Lab is seeking a founding Director of Auxiliary Programs and Events to launch our year round camp programming and special events. In this role, the director will have agency to develop and launch our school year programming on days when the DOE is closed, grow our summer camp enrollment and pitch new opportunities for expanding our programming to multiple locations and events over time.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
– Pitch a strategy for launching and growing programming on all DOE holidays and school break, as well as other revenue generating events such as Saturday Pop Ups and seasonal events like Spooky Splat, etc.
– Scout and secure locations for space rental for programming
– Create budgets and revenue projections for each event
– Collaborate with the Marketing Team to enroll families
– Schedule and supervise educator teams including on site Co-Directors, Specialists and After Care – Coordinators to implement programming
– Create a codified Program Event Manual for easy replication
– Oversee the behind the scenes aspects of launching Summer Camp 2023 programming including securing permits, hiring staff, working with the curriculum team, managing camp fair events, and growing enrollment
– Develop a Summer Camp Director Manual that can be replicated over many sites
– Develop a timeline and plan for opening more summer camp sites in NYC
This is a growing position for someone who can commit to at least 2-3 years in the role. We expect each year will bring new exciting events, camp locations and opportunities to grow professionally.
The ideal candidate is a savvy self-starter who can take the lead in growing our existing programming to the next level. If you are a go-getter who wants the opportunity to grow a program to its full potential and earn commission on your work, this is the role for you!
– Must have strong experience in the OST/alternative learning space running after school, summer, or museum programming directed at groups of youth
– Detail oriented, with an eye for excellent execution
– A proven leader who can run a team with positivity and respect
– Experience successfully running cross functional teams
– Strong event management skills
– Experience coaching up a team to achieve results and high standards
– Creativity and initiative to think outside the box and pitch new ideas to grow revenue from our programs
– Exceptional writing and communication skills that translate into high quality work products
– Teaching experience a huge advantage
Salary or Compensation:
After screening resumes, first round candidates will be asked to create a simple project related to the position. Final round candidates will be invited to an in person interview at our Bushwick, Brooklyn office in August.
To be considered for the position, please apply online at https://voices-advance-llc-dba-anthropology-arts.breezy.hr/p/98f2b6de58b8-director-of-auxiliary-programs-and-events