Fall Kill Creative Works
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer and reports to the Board of Directors. The role includes promoting Fall Kill Creative Works’ mission, programming, fundraising opportunities, and accomplishments in the community and provides leadership and outreach. The position is responsible for developing and implement fundraising plans and solicit grants and contributions to meet organizational objectives and increase capacity in coordination. The Executive Director is responsible for staff management, hiring, and creating a climate that attracts and retains a diverse group of top-quality educators and volunteers.
Reports to: Fall Kill Creative Works Board of Directors
Supervises: Program Manager, Outreach Coordinator
Fall Kill Creative Works (aka The Works; Mid-Hudson Heritage Center, Inc.) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit incorporated in 2011 serving the culturally diverse City of Poughkeepsie. The Works exists to foster connection and celebrate Poughkeepsie by sharing our stories and creating together. Our spaces include Clay Works, which houses a fully equipped ceramics studio and art gallery, and the historic Glebe House, with storytelling, textile and printmaking studio space. The Works currently operates with four part-time staff members, a dozen contract teaching artists, an active group of volunteers, and a committed board of directors. The Works partners with many organizations in Poughkeepsie and beyond to strengthen our local community. In addition to our studio art and education programs, over the years we have occupied and renewed multiple spaces on Main Street, offering a range of events and activities to promote downtown revitalization. In 2019 The Works coordinated activities bringing more than 6,000 people to Main Street.
Community Leadership and Outreach
– Promote Fall Kill Creative Works’ mission, programming, fundraising opportunities and accomplishments in the community.
– Establish cooperative arrangements with donors, participants, partners and community members.
Fundraising and Financial Oversight
– Develop and implement fundraising plans and solicit grants and contributions to meet organizational objectives and increase capacity in coordination with the Resource Development Committee of the Board of Directors
– Use sound financial practices, operate the organization within budget guidelines and within actual resources, and submit an annual budget to the Board in coordination with the Finance Committee
– Regularly keep the Board apprised of the fiscal position of the organization
– Identify and maximize opportunities for earned income without sacrificing mission
– Hire, direct, support, evaluate, and release staff and volunteers as necessary for the fulfillment of the organization’s mission and using sound Human Resources practices.
– Create a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse group of top-quality people as staff, volunteers and Board members.
– Work to foster diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of the Works
– Secure and manage facilities appropriate to fulfill the organization’s mission
– Work alongside our accountant to maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
Program Development and Oversight
– Ensure mission-aligned programs are planned and offered.
– Review programming effectiveness and help strengthen offerings in partnership with staff, Board and volunteers
Board of Directors
– Communicate and work with the volunteer Board of Directors.
– Empower and help motivate Board members through the committee structure to ensure the consistent and timely fulfillment of strategic objectives
– Possesses a passion that aligns with the mission of the Works
– Experience developing and managing organizational budgets, and has a proven track record of successful fundraising, grant solicitation, and budget management.
– Demonstrated business acumen and strong sense of financial responsibility
– Possesses excellent communication skills and is comfortable representing the organization in a variety of public settings
– Comfortably and effectively working with people and communities of diverse backgrounds
– Excellent strategic thinker, entrepreneurial spirit, skill with implementation of strategic thinking, and producing operating plans
– Able to cultivate and maintain relationships with a wide variety of partners, donors and participants
– Demonstrated track record of leadership and support for organizational growth
Salary range: $35,000 – $40,000
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to: Board Chair, Fall Kill Creative Works at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on this posting visit, https://www.fallkillcreativeworks.org/apply