Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
The Lincoln Center Internship is a paid, year-long, rotational, virtual arts administration internship for NYC undergraduates that incubates the next generation of leaders in Arts & Culture and beyond.
Position Period: Part-time: September, 2021 – August , 2022
Interns gain access to:
– Work experience that spans the Lincoln Center campus
– Professional development that builds essential skills
– Community building that creates a trusted peer network
– Conversation Series that features leaders from across the sector
– Capstone Project that challenges interns to innovate
– Special Events that make Lincoln Center the world’s leading performing arts center
What is Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts?
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) is the world’s leading performing arts center in the heart of New York City. In these times of heightened anxiety and vigilance, we are holding on to the important role the arts play in our lives: they nourish our hearts and minds, teach us valuable lessons and critical skills, and help us create community. We are resolved not to lose sight of what connects us, and we hope you will consider joining our talented, diverse team.
– The manager of the Lincoln Center Campus. We are part of 16 acres of activity and one of eleven amazing resident organizations.
– A leading Arts Presenter. We curate a number of series showcasing music, dance, and theater
– An Education Hub. We have reached 20 million students, educators, principals, and community members
Who are our people?
Lincoln Center is a diverse team of dreamers, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who use unique platforms in the heart of New York City and beyond to advocate for the transformative impact of artistic experiences. Lincoln Center People imagine and create in concert with this mission by founding President John D. Rockefeller III – “The arts are not for the privileged few, but for the many. Their place is not on the periphery of daily life, but at its center.” Lincoln Center welcomes applicants from all sectors who agilely solve problems, show up as they are, and can’t stop innovating.
What’s the news?
Who is our President and CEO?
Henry Timms is the co-founder of #GivingTuesday and the co-author of New Power.
You’ll be a great fit if…
– You are a rising college sophomore, junior, or senior, or equivalent
– You are based in New York City or the Greater New York region
– You are available 10-15 hours/week, September 2021 – August 2022
– You identify as both a self-starter and a dynamic team player
– You exemplify leadership, teamwork, organization, innovation, resilience, inclusivity, and enthusiasm
– You champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
– You believe in the power of the arts to create a better future for our world
Salary: $25.00 per hour
Applications will be open April 5th – 19th, 2021. Visit this page for more details: https://lincolncenter.org/lincoln-center-at-home/page/lincoln-center-internship
Need more information? Register for our Open House (3/30, 5:00-6:30pm): bit.ly/OPENHOUSELCI
It is the policy of Lincoln Center to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital or civil partnership/union status, familial or caregiver status, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, military or veteran status, genetic information, predisposition, or carrier status, unemployment status, domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.