Introducing Cocoon, the rapidly expanding members-only club for families that is making its mark in multiple locations, with its first flagship clubhouse nestled in Tribeca. Alongside the music studio, parkour area, and play space, Cocoon offers classes designed to guide all members through family life as their children grow. It is a place for families to connect and receive support, all in a cozy space created to feel like a second home. The space and the classes are inspired by the Montessori and Reggio Emilia philosophies to promote independence, creativity, and open-ended experiences for children using natural and authentic materials. We take pride in our commitment to the community. Every membership fee at Cocoon contributes to subsidizing in-house prenatal and postpartum classes, ensuring that parents from all income levels receive vital support and a sense of belonging during their journey into parenthood.
Join us at Cocoon, where families thrive, children flourish, and community thrives. Start your career in our Tribeca flagship location, and stay tuned as we spread our wings to inspire and support families in numerous clubhouses across New York City.
Cocoon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, sex, religion, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law.
We are seeking a passionate and entrepreneurial-minded individual with a demonstrated commitment to working with families and building a thriving community. Reporting directly to the COO, the Manager of Education and Programming is an entrepreneurial and seasoned leader responsible for developing engaging and enriching programs for families while leading a team of educators. This role oversees all aspects of the education programs across numerous New York City locations, including curriculum development, educator recruitment and training, sales, financial management, and collaborations with partners. The Manager will also be involved in planning, scheduling, marketing, and executing logistics for all programming for Cocoon, which includes a diverse range of classes such as visual arts, movement, science, prenatal and postpartum education, and more.
Full-time Employee Benefits:
Health Insurance and Out Of Pocket medical expenses up to $700 per month PTO (Paid Time Off)
– 15 Vacation Days
– 5 Personal/Mental Health Days
– 1 Volunteer Day
– 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
– Sick Leave
Professional Development and Training
Chief Operating Officer
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
– Oversee the development of all children and adult education programs, ensuring quality control and effective educator teaching through well-crafted curricula and lesson plans.
– Drive sales and marketing efforts to promote and fill classes and camp programs, ensuring maximum participation and engagement.
– Conduct educator observations and evaluations to maintain high teaching standards and provide necessary support.
– Lead the recruitment, training and management of educators to build a skilled and passionate team. – Oversee and manage the scheduling of all educators ensuring resource efficiency, including routine scheduling audit to help facilitate payroll
– Establish and nurture relationships with education partners to enrich Cocoon’s offerings. – Act as a teacher and facilitator for Cocoon classes and events as needed.
– Guide and support the Camp and Program Coordinator to foster a comprehensive and robust camp program, smooth day to day programming operations and customer satisfaction. – Perform budget analysis for all programming to ensure financial efficiency. – Meet or exceed sales targets for classes and camp.
– Exhibit a professional demeanor while engaging warmly with educators, families, children, caregivers, and the community in a supportive manner.
– Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills, working both independently and collaboratively with the team.
– Proven ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage projects
– Plan, schedule, market, and execute logistics for all education programming, including ensuring production and season program rollouts are smooth.
– Establish and maintain program training guides for the education and the front desk teams to deliver the best customer experience, the best operational practices and to support business continuity.
– Be flexible to adapt to different roles as needed within the organization.
Relevant Experience and Skills:
– Proven ability to achieve sales targets while maintaining balanced budgets and managing expenses effectively.
– In-depth knowledge of progressive pedagogies to design age-appropriate and culturally relevant programs.
– Extensive understanding of best practices in developing, implementing, and evaluating education programs.
– Skill in effectively supporting educators through evaluations, professional development, and day-to-day interactions.
– Flexibility to accommodate occasional staffing needs on evenings and weekends as required. – Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technical and software tools, including but not limited to Shopify, Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Zendesk, enhancing productivity and contributing to efficient project execution.
– Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent in education, arts management, or a relevant field. – 3 years of experience in team management within a school or center that serves families and children, with a deep understanding of the unique needs and dynamics within educational or childcare settings.
– 5 years of experience in developing and implementing education programs.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
– Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent in education, arts administration, or a relevant field.
We welcome dynamic individuals with a passion for education and creativity to apply for this rewarding role, where you will have the opportunity to shape impactful programs and make a difference in the lives of families and children at Cocoon
Salary or Compensation:
$70,000 – $80,000, plus bonus
Organization or Project Website:
In your cover letter, share some highlights of your previous work with children and families and why it’s been so fulfilling. Let us know what excites you about the opportunity to be a part of Cocoon and how your skills and values align with our family-focused mission.
Send in your cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com