Online Summer Education Program Assistant
Center for Architecture
The Center for Architecture is a leading cultural venue for architecture and the built environment in New York City. The Center for Architecture shares a home with the American Institute of Architects New York Chapter and has the unique advantage of drawing upon the ideas and experiences of practicing architects to produce thought provoking exhibitions, informative public programs, and engaging design education experiences for K-12 students, teachers and families. It also leads New York City’s annual month-long architecture and design festival, Archtober. The Center for Architecture’s aim is to educate a broad audience about the built environment and the value of contemporary architectural practice in urban life.
The Center for Architecture’s Summer Programs are weekly architectural classes for students in grades 3-12. The Summer Assistant provides artistic and administrative support to the Center for Architecture Design Educators leading the Summer Programs. Our 2023 Online Summer Programs include a hands-on drawing class and digital design programs using the 3D computer design software SketchUp for middle and high school students.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
• Assist with all activities in the virtual classroom
• Collaborate with the lead Educator to ensure students are successfully engaged in program activities
• Manage Zoom meeting technology: set up breakout rooms, manage chat and participants, troubleshoot students’ log-in issues, etc.
• Assist with management and supervision of online student group
• Document program activities through screen shots, video recordings
• Coordinate with CFA staff on program implementation
• B.A. in Arts Education, Museum Education, Architecture, or related fields (completed or currently pursuing); experience with SketchUp required.
• Online and/or in-person art or design teaching experience with various age groups.
• Background or experience in architecture or other design fields.
• Fluency with Zoom technology
• Suitable virtual program set-up: consistent wide-bandwidth wifi; quiet, well-lit space free of disruptions; computer with camera/video capabilities
• Strong interest in CFA’s educational programming & mission
• Professional and friendly manner
July 10th – Aug 4th – 9:15 am– 3:45 pm, Monday – Friday (45-minute unpaid lunch break from 12 – 12:45 pm). Program hours for students are 9:30am – 12pm & 1-3:30 pm. Assistant hours begin 15 minutes prior to program start times. There will also be 2-4 hours planning and practice time with lead Educators in weeks prior to programs’ start.
Salary or Compensation:
$18.00 – $20.00 / hr
Organization or Project Website:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Please put the job title and your last name in the subject line of your email. Please specify in your cover letter which ages you are interested in working with (Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12). No phone calls, please.