Per Diem Educator
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
The Intrepid Museum is a nonprofit educational institution founded in 1982 with the acquisition of the aircraft carrier Intrepid—a National Historic Landmark and the centerpiece of the entire museum complex. The Museum is one of the world’s most unique cultural institutions illuminating the intersection of history and innovation through the people who lived it and the technology that made extraordinary accomplishments possible. Welcoming more than one million visitors annually, the Museum also features the space shuttle Enterprise, the world’s fastest jets and a guided-missile submarine.
We are seeking (4) Per Diem Educators for delivering on and off-site programs that make use of the Museum’s collection to engage K12 students, families and adults, including individuals with cognitive, sensory, physical, emotional and behavioral disabilities. Hours are varied, so a flexible schedule is a must. Weekend evening availability is required. Responsibilities can include:
– Program delivery for general education, inclusion, ICT and self-contained special education classes primarily between the hours of 10:00am and 2:00pm, weekdays.
– Delivery of programs for scouting groups, families and other specialized events occurring primarily on Saturday and Sunday and evenings.
– Delivery of adult group programs
Manager of School & Teacher Engagement
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
A successful candidate:
– Must be able to teach multi-generational groups in a variety of settings with ease and confidence.
– Have excellent communication and organizational abilities.
– Be able to work collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues and off-site partners.
– Has an outgoing personality and enthusiastic attitude.
– Bachelor’s degree in education, science, history, museum studies or a related field.
– Understanding of object- and inquiry-based teaching practices.
– Comfortable teaching interdisciplinary history and science programs to varied audiences.
– understanding of differentiating lessons to meet specific academic and social-emotional learning goals.
– Equivalent of one year related experience working with varied populations in an educational setting a plus.
– Knowledge of best practices for Multilingual Learners and disability specific instructional strategies a plus.
– Multilingual or bi-lingual a plus.
Per diem, maximum 29 hours per week
Weekday & weekend shifts available. This position is subject to seasonal changes in volume of classes and programs delivered.
Salary or Compensation:
Organization or Project Website:
For consideration e-mail resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include PER DIEM EDUCATOR in the subject line. COVER LETTER REQUIRED.