The Intrepid Museum is a nonprofit educational institution, a National Historic Landmark and of the world’s most unique cultural institutions illuminating the intersection of history and innovation through the people who lived it and the technology that made extraordinary accomplishments possible.
The Museum’s programs and exhibitions amplify the real experiences of those on the frontlines of history and the stories behind the engineering marvels in our collection that were shaped by and, in turn, changed the course of world history.
As a center for history and innovation, Intrepid Museum’s educational programs and exhibitions amplify the real experiences of those on the frontlines of history and the stories behind the engineering marvels in our collection. We provide an environment where curious individuals of all ages and abilities are invited to experience wonder, ask questions and are inspired to seek creative solutions to the 21st century’s greatest challenges. The Intrepid Museum’s Education Department offers programs at the Museum and virtually for learners of all ages and abilities including programs for K-12 groups; teens, adults, families and professional learning for teachers.
We are seeking Per Diem Educators for delivering onsite programs that make use of the Museum’s collection to engage K12 students, families and adults, including individuals with cognitive, sensory, physical, emotional and behavioral disabilities. Hours are varied, so a flexible schedule is a must. Weekend and evening availability is required.
This position is subject to seasonal changes in volume of classes and programs delivered.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities can include:
– Program delivery for general education, inclusion, ICT and self-contained special education classes primarily between the hours of 10:00am and 2:00pm, Monday- Friday.
– Delivery of programs for private groups, families and other specialized events occurring primarily on Saturday and Sunday and evenings.
– Delivery of adult group programs.
– Bachelor’s degree in education, science, history, museum studies or a related field.
– Understanding of object- and inquiry-based teaching practices.
– Comfortable teaching interdisciplinary history and science programs to varied audiences.
– Understanding of differentiating lessons to meet specific academic and social-emotional learning goals
– Equivalent of one year related experience working with varied populations in an educational setting a plus
– Knowledge of best practices for Multilingual Learners and disability specific instructional strategies a plus
– Multilingual or bi-lingual a plus
A successful candidate:
– Must be able to teach multi-generational groups in a variety of settings with ease and confidence
– Have excellent communication and organizational abilities.
– Be able to work collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues and off-site partners
– Has an outgoing personality and enthusiastic attitude.
Salary or Compensation:
$25 per hour. Maximum of 29 hours per week.
Organization or Project Website:
For consideration e-mail resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include PER DIEM EDUCATOR in the subject line. Cover letter is REQUIRED for this position.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.