Cocoon is a new 18,000 square foot space for families to learn and play in the heart of Tribeca. Alongside the music studio, parkour area and play space, Cocoon offers courses designed to guide all members through family life as their children grow. It is a place for families to connect and receive support, all in a cozy space created to feel like a second home. The space and the courses are inspired by the Montessori and Reggio Emilia philosophies to promote independence, creativity and open-ended experiences for children using natural and authentic materials. All membership fees at Cocoon help subsidize our in-house prenatal and postpartum courses offered to participants of all income levels to provide support and community to new parents.
Cocoon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, sex, religion, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, this experienced, innovative professional will grow engaging programs for families with the support of the Programming Manager. The Programming Operations Coordinator will oversee all operations of Summer and break camps at Cocoon, and support the Programming Manager on Cocoon’s daily programming operations. They will take ownership of Cocoon’s sales goals, messaging and marketing as it relates to programming and camp sales.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
– Support Programming Manager in day to day operations of Cocoon’s seasonal programming both within Cocoon’s facility and at 3rd party venues
– Oversee and lead Summer and break camps, serving as the Camp Director
– Draft communication documents with partners and members
– Schedule and direct Cocoon’s camp staff
– Teach and facilitate Cocoon courses and happenings as needed
– Lead the recruitment and training of camp staff with support of the Programming Manager
– Take ownership of member communications as they relate to programming and to the camp marketing cycle
– Meet or exceed sales targets for Summer and break camps
– Possess a professional demeanor with the ability to warmly engage with educators, families, children, caregivers, and the greater community in a supportive manner
– Consistently exhibit leadership skills while demonstrating the ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Help plan, schedule, market and execute logistics for all education programming
– Maintain a clean and safe learning environment
– Build a robust understanding of Cocoon’s values and goals and represent them in your work in collaboration with team members
– Brand ambassador delivering the Cocoon story and value proposition at both internal and external events
– Flexibility to step into different roles as needed
– 3 years of supervisory experience in drop-off child care environments
– Experience in education administration.
– Experience in managing an education staff
Salary or Compensation:
$50,000-$60,000 based on experience
Organization or Project Website:
Click here to apply: https://www.cognitoforms.com/Cocoon2/employmentapplicationform