Museum Association of New York
Project Fellow Opening Announcement: Building Capacity, Creating Sustainability, Growing Accessibility
Application Opens: September 28, 2020
Application Closes: October 16, 2020
Starting November 1, 2020 and ending October 30, 2022
Reports To: Megan Eves, Project Director and Marketing and Communications Associate
Position Type: This is a two-year, full-time, IMLS CARES Act, grant-funded position
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm with evenings and weekends as necessary
Compensation: $550/week plus health insurance.
Location: If not currently located in the State of New York, the successful candidate must be prepared to relocate to the Capital, Mid-Hudson, or Mohawk Valley region to stay within the confines of our travel budget and meeting schedule.
Independent Travel Required: Weekly travel to Troy, NY (MANY office location) and within the region which the fellow lives.
Grant Funded Travel Required: Within New York State to represent MANY at in-person trainings and project events.
The grant will support 100 museums in high needs locations in the state to help them respond to the COVID-19 pandemic by giving staff the tools and training to reach their communities virtually and raise their profiles with audiences beyond their physical locations. The project will provide partners with hardware, software, and training to develop virtual programs focused on stories from their collections revealing cultural and racial diversity within their communities. Each museum will partner with a local library to develop and implement programs that build on the assets of both organizations. Each museum will develop, implement, assess, and revise at least two new programs, resulting in access to 200 new virtual programs for museums-no matter their geographical location.
MANY staff and the Project Fellow will provide training, technical support, program development models, iterative guidance, and project assessment. The Project Fellow will serve as the primary liaison between MANY and the 200 museum professionals from 100 museums participating in the program. The Fellow will, in collaboration with MANY Staff, support three in-person trainings and 15 virtual trainings, and 1:1 virtual meetings with museum partners every other month to provide feedback, inform program delivery, and assess program development. They will be responsible for program travel arrangements and logistics for in-person training sessions.
● BA/BS/BFA degree or equivalent
● Current driver’s license
● Broad intellectual interest and commitment to museums, learning, and public engagement
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Cheerful self-starter who can handle the demands of working in an open office environment
● Experience in event planning and/or hospitality industry
● Problem solver who can use technology and organization to make processes more efficient
● Proven accuracy and attention to detail
● Strong interpersonal skills; highly capable of working independently and contributing to a dynamic team
● Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and visual presentational skills
● Familiarity with virtual/distance learning best practices and tools such as Zoom, Google Meets, or WebEx as a participant required; experience as a presenter preferred
● Experience with G-Suite, G-Suite Enterprise and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
● Facility with iPads, Apple OS, audio/video editing, and cloud storage
● Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), and YouTube and the ability to instruct beginners and casual users in their use
Candidates from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in the museum field are encouraged to apply. MANY is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Job Date: 2020-09-28
Application Info: Submit in pdf format your resume and one page cover letter clearly addressing how your skill set meets the qualifications and required experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 PM on October 16, 2020.
Contact Name: Hadley DesMeules
Contact Email: email@example.com
For more information please click here.