Save Ellis Island
Save Ellis Island is the non-profit partner of the National Park Service tasked with raising the needed funds to preserve the abandoned Immigrant Hospital located on the south side of Ellis Island.
The Visitor Services Coordinator over sees the daily visitor experience and is responsible for on-site tour operations. The Visitor Services Coordinator supervises the work of tour and event program personnel which includes staff hiring, orientation and ongoing training/development, assigning workloads and setting schedules, facilitating problem/conflict resolution, evaluating performance and making recommendations for personnel actions, completing time sheets and motivating employees to work as a team, greet guests, provide information and wayfinding at the information desk, facilitate individual and group check‐in, sell tickets to our daily Hard Hat tours.
Vice President, Project Management and Development
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
• Manage Educators, including hiring, training and scheduling and ensure that Educator timesheets are accurately completed
• Manage the Hard Hat Tours volunteer program including hiring, training, scheduling and supervising
• Provide all job-specific training for the Educators and Hard Hat Tour volunteers and monitor, evaluate and conduct periodic reviews to
assess effectiveness, suggest changes required for improvement and work with staff to improve their interpretative presentation
• Ensure that front-line, Hard Hat Tour staff are trained to properly respond and resolve visitor concerns, complaints, issues or questions.
When issues cannot be resolved at the front-line level, take the lead in working with the customer to resolve the issue
• Actively seek new group Hard Hat Tour sales. Process group Hard Hat Tour payments and coordinate staff scheduling
• Manage the Google Calendar or any other scheduling applications to ensure that staff is scheduled to support tours and events
• Proactively engage with visitors and promote the sale of pop-up Hard Hat tour tickets
• Communicate tour rules and restrictions
• Maintain up‐to‐date knowledge of daily operations, programming, Save Ellis Island events and operational changes
• Manage and resolve customer service issues that may arise at our information desk
• Restock all materials at information desk
• Maintain and ensure accuracy of daily tour stats
• Facilitate visitor needs in whatever capacity needed and provide information about Save Ellis Island tours, programs, events and
• Lead public and private tours and support events as needed
• Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent attention to detail, well organized, conflict resolution ability, leadership, team-
building and motivational skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office products.
• Experience in supervising and managing staff.
• Experience working in a museum setting or tour operations is preferred.
Tuesday – Saturday
Salary or Compensation:
Organization or Project Website:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com