Apply to be the NYCMER Intern!
The New York City Museum Educators Roundtable (NYCMER), a forum for museum education professionals to address issues of museum and educational interest through workshops, seminars, and conferences, is seeking an intern for the 2019-2020 programming season. This position is a fantastic networking opportunity for anyone looking to enter or grow in the field of museum education. The successful applicant will work closely with professionals representing a variety of levels of experience and museums of various disciplines throughout NYC and the surrounding region. They will participate in discussions related to this field, and help NYCMER to continue to provide thoughtful and engaging professional development opportunities to local educators.
The intern will work with members of the NYCMER Board and will take an active role in the planning and organization of the NYCMER Annual Conference and assisting with special projects.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Work closely with the NYCMER Vice President and the Conference Committee to plan the NYCMER Annual Conference (held in May)
- Organize Conference proposal and program materials and assist with day-of coordination
- Attend Conference Committee meetings and record minutes (1 evening per month)
- Participate in Board meetings (1 evening per month)
- Attend and assist with all NYCMER monthly professional development programs (monthly)
- Assist NYCMER Board members with special projects, which may involve communications, web updates and/or research and data gathering.
- Opportunities to work with Board members on planning professional development and networking programs and special projects
- Communicate effectively over email and in Google Drive between meetings
Applicant should have some background in museum education, either coursework or professional work, and be interested in pursuing a career in museum education. Applicant must be self-motivated, have excellent communication and organizational skills, and have the ability to work collaboratively with different members of the board as well as NYCMER members and partnering organizations.
Time commitment is September 2019 – June 2020. Weekly hours will vary; evening availability is required. A stipend of $1,000 per “semester” is available for this position.
The application for the 2019-2020 NYCMER Intern is now closed. Please check back in summer 2020 for information about the 2020-2021 internship.