Join the Conference Committee!
The application for this year’s Conference Committee is now open! Apply here by October 7.
No experience is needed! We are currently looking for professionals at all career levels to contribute their knowledge, experience, and time to leading this important professional development event.
Conference Committee members:
- Determine the conference theme through identification and discussion of key issues and trends in the field.
- Work with professionals and students from around NYC and beyond.
- Participate in one conference sub-committee (i.e., proposal request language, evaluation, engagement).
Review, debate, and select proposals.
- Take on the role of Conference Shepherd, working with presenters as they plan their sessions and helping with logistics on the day-of.
- Work together to ensure that the conference runs smoothly.
Plus, Conference Committee members receive a complimentary ticket to the conference, as a thank you for all their hard work.
Conference Committee requirements:
- Attend 5 out of 8 planning meetings, which will take place virtually on the second Tuesday of each month, starting at 6pm.
- Attend the session selection meeting on February 8, and the Annual Conference in May.
- Actively participate and communicate promptly via email.
- Be or become a NYCMER member.
If you have any questions, please email our Vice President, Sonya Ochshorn, at firstname.lastname@example.org.