Join the Conference Committee!
The Conference Committee provides a great opportunity to connect with colleagues, network, discuss best practices in the field, and, most importantly, help plan the Annual Conference. At the end of each summer, we put out a call for NYCMER members at all career levels to contribute their knowledge, experience, and time to this important professional development event.
Conference Committee members:
- work with professionals and students from around NYC and beyond.
- determine the conference theme through identification and discussion of key issues and trends in the field.
- participate in conference sub-committees (i.e. RFP, evaluation, after party).
- review, debate and select proposals.
- take on the role of "conference shepherd", working with presenters as they plan their session, and helping with logistics on the day-of.
- and work together to ensure that the conference runs smoothly.
- Conference Committee meetings take place after work one Thursday each month at locations around New York City. Meetings start at 6:15pm, and snacks are provided. Committee members are expected to participate in minimum of 4 out of the 7 planning meetings, actively participate, attend the Annual Conference, and communicate promptly via email.
The 2020 Conference Committee has been filled. If you have any questions or are interested in joining the 2021 Conference Committee, please email NYCMER Vice President Brian Levine at firstname.lastname@example.org.