Join the Conference Committee!
The Conference Committee provides a great opportunity to connect with colleagues, network, discuss best practices in the field, and, most importantly, help plan the Annual Conference. At the end of each summer, we put out a call for NYCMER members at all career levels to contribute their knowledge, experience, and time to this important professional development event.
Conference Committee members:
- Work with professionals and students from around NYC and beyond.
- Determine the conference theme through identification and discussion of key issues and trends in the field.
- Participate in conference sub-committees (i.e. RFP, evaluation, after party).
- Review, debate and select proposals.
- Take on the role of "conference shepherd", working with presenters as they plan their session, and helping with logistics on the day-of.
- Work together to ensure that the conference runs smoothly.
Conference Committee meetings take place after work on Tuesdays. Most are scheduled for 6 - 8pm.
- For the time being, meetings will be virtual. Should we be able to resume in-person meetings, they will take place within New York City, and snacks will be provided
- Committee members are expected to participate in minimum of 5 out of the 8 scheduled planning meetings, and are required to attend the February 9th selection meeting and the May conference.
If you are interested in joining the 2021 Conference Committee, please fill out this form.
If you have any questions please email NYCMER Vice President Brian Levine at email@example.com.